DisplayLink software release 8.5 delivers:
- DisplayLink DL-6950 video playback improvements
- Gigabit Ethernet speed improvements on lower end platforms
- Alternate encoding developer preview (details on 8.5 beta forum)
- Other performance and reliability improvements
Issues fixed in 8.5 release (8.5.3365.0/8.5.3361.0)
- Screen doesn't get updated on Windows 7 when switching from Aero accelerated to Basic mode (27054)
- Black screen on DisplayPort with HP LP2475w monitor on DL-6950 (27203)
- Some 4Kp60 modes wrongly filtered out as Unsupported on DL-6950 HDMI (27334)
- Corporate msi package for RS/IDD shouldn't have RS1 in their file name (25499)
- Harsh sounds/clicks on the headset during resuming from hibernation (26694)
- Software Package Version: 8.5.3387.0
- DisplayLink Ethernet Driver Version: 8.5.3361.0
- DisplayLink Audio Driver Version: 8.5.3357.0
Windows 7 - Windows 10 Build 10586:
- DisplayLink Core Software Version: 8.5.3365.0
Windows 10 Build 14393 onwards:
- DisplayLink Graphics Driver Version: 8.5.3361.0
- DL-6910 / DL-6950
- DL-5500 / DL-5700 / DL-5900 / DL-5910
- DL-3100 / DL-3500 / DL-3700 / DL-3900 / DL-3950
- DL115 / DL125 / DL165 / DL195
Known Issues and Limitations:
- When upgrading from R8.1, disconnecting and re-plugging the USB of the product using DisplayLink technology is necessary (25057, 25075)
- Windows 7 requires Microsoft KB3033929 or later installed to validate SHA-256 driver signature hashing. SHA1 has been deprecated (23965)
- Devices with mass storage or auto-install are not supported by Windows 10 Anniversary Update UMDF USB driver DisplayLink uses (21959)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update sets the wrong preferred mode 9124025 (23871)
To install this package please do the following:
- Make sure that all system requirements are met.
- Save the downloadable package on an accessible location (such as your desktop).
- Locate and double-click on the newly-downloaded file.
- Allow Windows to run the file (if necessary).
- Read EULA (End User Licence Agreement) and agree to proceed with the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Close the wizard and perform a system reboot to allow changes to take effect.
About Graphics Drivers:
While installing the graphics driver allows the system to properly recognize the chipset and the card manufacturer, updating the video driver can bring about various changes.
It can improve the overall graphics experience and performance in either games or various engineering software applications, include support for newly developed technologies, add compatibility with newer GPU chipsets, or resolve different problems that might have been encountered.
When it comes to applying this release, the installation steps should be a breeze, as each manufacturer tries to make them as easy as possible so that each user can update the GPU on their own and with minimum risks (however, check to see if this download supports your graphics chipset).
Therefore, get the package (extract it if necessary), run the setup, follow the on-screen instructions for a complete and successful installation, and make sure you reboot the system so that the changes take effect.
That being said, download the driver, apply it on your system, and enjoy your newly updated graphics card. Moreover, check with our website as often as possible in order to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
- C: \ Graphics Board \ DisplayLink
- COMPATIBLE WITH:
- Windows 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 8.1 / 8.1 64 bit / 10 / 10 64 bit
- file size:
- 47.2 MB
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.5 M0.exe
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 8.0 M02016-07-11
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 8.0 Beta 42016-06-11
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 7.9 M2016-05-03
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 7.9 M52016-04-05
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 7.9 M42015-12-18
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 7.9 M02015-11-22
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 7.9 M22015-11-22
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver/Utility 7.9 M32015-11-22
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver.
Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.